The A-Designs EM-EQ2 is a dual mono, 2U rack-mounted 3-band EQ from A-Designs of California designed to give you that classic Pultec EQP-1 equaliser sound.
Designed for recording or mixing the A-Designs EM-EQ2 is a robust workhorse from a fine pedigree – not just its Pultec ancestors, but any of the well-planned and indispensable range of audio buddies and problem solvers that A-designs produce.
Keeping the EM-EQ2 unit to its original Pultec face layout is one thing, but A-Designs have been meticulous about re-creating all the finer points of the musical tonal quality of the EQP-1, too. This is why all their units are in so much demand.
The top end on the EM-EQ2 is switchable and attenuated, the parametric mid can be boosted, whilst the low end is attenuated at four switched frequencies. Apart from the On/Off switch and a nice blue light, that’s about it for the control panel.
A-Designs take real pride in the way they approach their creations, knowing that you take pride in the sounds you creates with them. With its famous antecedents and top-spec build, the A-Designs EM-EQ2 is really just marching in step with history.
A-Designs EM-EQ2 Overview:
• Dual mono, three-band band, Pultec-style EQ
• Faithfully preserves the EQ section design, controls, and musicality of the Pultec EQP-1
• Eminently suited for tracking, mixing, or mastering
• Same frequency settings and inductors as original Pultec make it a must-have for capturing bottom end
• Fully balanced, noise-free performance and modern impedance specs
• Quick and easy studio integration
• Wima capacitors
• True hard bypass
• A-Designs proprietary, custom-wound tapped Inductor
• A-Designs proprietary nickel core output transformer
• Rugged 2U metal housing with custom-milled faceplate and control knobs
• Big jewel power indicator lamp with heavy duty Carling power toggle switch.