1U rack-mounted stereo compressor with soft, medium and hard knee operation
The API 2500 Stereo Compressor is a 1U rack-mounted stereo compressor with switchable knee characteristics, for flexible mix compression.
Designed as a mix compressor the API 2500 Stereo Compressor can work as a stereo comp or two separate units and offers a comprehensive tool for use at the most critical time of your recording process. Able to work with a wide range of programme material the API 2500 can be switched or configured to always respond quickly for every situation, whether you need punch, thump or just plain dynamic control.
Neat features include the make-up gain which automatically holds the output constant, but still allows the user to vary the threshold and ratio controls.
API have outlasted many competitors by providing the sort of ‘musical’ outboard tools and consoles that engineers and producers will always seek out. For a powerful and well-designed compressor you’ll find it hard to beat a genuine API 2500 Stereo Compressor.
API 2500 Stereo Compressor Overview:
• API 2520 Op Amp
• Variable threshold between -20dBu and +10dBu
• Selectable ratio, attack and release times
• Patented THRUST® selectable high-pass filter before RMS detector
• Variable link between left and right channels
• Old “feedback” or new “feed forward” compression
• Soft, medium or hard knee for easy to sharp compression
• Auto or manual gain make up
• 1/4″ balanced side chain inputs
• Output clips at +28dBu