Compact sealed-back full-range active shielded desktop/nearfield reference monitors, Black
The Avantone MixCube Active Monitors are shielded full-range active reference monitors for desktop or meterbridge nearfield monitoring.
Reminiscent of their Auratone 5C antecedents, the Avantone MixCube Active Monitors take the same concept of handy secondary reference monitors – and move it up a gear. Fitting a 60W Class A/B amp greatly improves the high-end definition and introduces better low-end response, as well.
The tough no-nonsense cabinet and 5.25″ driver of the Avantone Active Mixcubes are capable of re-playing your mixes with the punch and power that made the original 5C speaker design so durable in studios everywhere – but updated to offer full-range capabilities… and louder. Another welcome improvement is the shielded design – this useful feature means that you can stand the Avantone Active Mixcubes next to a video monitor without damaging the screen.
The original idea of secondary nearfield monitors was to allow you to hear your recordings as if on the radio, or the dock of your mp3 player and assess the balance of your mix objectively. With the Avantone MixCube Active Monitors you can still do all that, but you no longer have to make allowances for the frequency response. Now it’s all here.
Avantone MixCube Active Monitors, Black Overview:
• System Type – Active (Self-powered) shielded full-range stereo pair
• Frequency Response – 90Hz – 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
• Driver Impedance – Nominal 8 ohms
• Max SPL – 104db @ 1 meter = 1%THD (PINK NOISE)
• Amplifier Type – Class A/B
• Amplifier Power – 60 watts RMS@ .005% THD (1KHz)
• Amp Frequency Response – 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
• Noise – S/N -113 dB
• Sensitivity – 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
• Driver – Proprietary design 5.25″ cast aluminum frame / paper cone / shielded
• Cabinet – sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
• Inputs – XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
• Weight – 7 lb 5 oz (per speaker)
• Dimensions – 165mm x 165mm x 165mm (6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ in)