Mono rackmounted 1U channel strip with 3 band SSL EQ, VHD and pre-amp for DAW users
The Solid State Logic Alpha Channel is a complete rack-mounted channel strip from SSL, offering DAW users a compact entry-point for that SSL sound.
With an SSL Alpha Channel you get a full package of features from a top-class manufacturer and with all the flexibility and versatility you would expect. Excellent pre-amps, a 3 band EQ with sweepable High, parametric Mid and a switchable Low frequencies and the innovative VHD circuit – Variable Harmonic Distortion allows you to control just how much distortion you would like and whether you prefer 2nd Order valve-type warmth or 3rd Order transistor crunch.
You also have a Lite Limiter on the Alpha Channel to keep your sounds in check and SSL A-D conversion. In addition, you have a Pad, Phantom power and Phase reversal buttons on the Alpha Channel. Oh yes, and a switchable 3-position HPF, too.
For a one-stop shop, the Alpha Channel from SSL has everything you need to give your DAW sounds the edge.
Solid State Logic Alpha Channel Overview:
• Professional ultra-clean mic pre-amp with line level and Hi Z instrument input switches
• ‘Variable Harmonic Drive’ circuit; a Time Machine of distortion characteristics
• High Pass Filter with selectable 40Hz, 80 Hz or 120 Hz cutoff frequency • Built-in professional quality Analogue-to-Digital conversion – as standard
• Audio sample rate sensing and self-adjustment
• Three band SSL parametric EQ with mid freq Q control and dual LF curves
• Intelligent auto compression that maximises recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping