Compact dual-input mixing desk with SuperAnalogue circuitry that can be used as an in-line mixer, a 20 channel summing mixer or as a monitor mixer.
The SSL X-Desk SuperAnalogue Mixer is 16-channel summing mixer using the SSL SuperAnalogue system used in their AWS, Duality and Matrix consoles.
Appearances can be deceptive and the X-Desk is much more than it appears at first sight. Constructed to the highest standards, as you would expect from world beaters in audio technology, the SSL X-Desk is clearly laid out, simple and easy to use. It can be positioned both as a desktop or 7U rack-mounted mixer.
The X-Desk has two inputs per channel, Line and Alt, typically to allow easy switching between your sound source and your recording return, with an input trim and phase reversal button. as well as a direct out and switchable insert points.
Three aux Send busses on each channel allow stereo Cue sends, plus two mono effects sends. Each channel comes with a Solo and a Cut button, leading down to the 8 silky 100mm faders. So far so good. But the X-Desk doesn’t stop there. By allowing you switch the Alt input to feed the Cue St section and then routing that in to the main mix, you now have 16 inputs available – when you add in the two stereo returns, this brings the X-Desk up to 20 inputs for mixdown.
Utilising this flexibility in switching sources can open up alternative approaches to recording, letting you use the X-Desk as an in-line recording mixer, a 20 input summing mixer or as a monitor mixer.
The master section gives you full control of your Cue and FX send levels and the ST Ret stereo returns come with level, pan, AFL and bus assignment control.
Since it is designed to integrate seamlessly with other SuperAnalogue products, the SSL X-Desk can be linked with up to 8 further X-Desks, via the rear panel D-Sub connectors, to give you a huge amount of summing power, with up to 160 inputs available on mixdown.
The chance to bring the renowned Solid State Logic technology within the price range of your project studio is now available with the SSL X-Desk Mixer.
The SSL X-Desk SuperAnalogue Mixer Overview:
• SuperAnalogue – analogue purity at the highest level
• 8 x dual input Mono Line channels
• 8 x Insert Send/Returns on channels
• Stereo Cue and 2 Mono Aux Sends
• Cascade with X-Rack and other X-Desks for bigger systems
• Talkback – for artist communication
• Dim and Cut buttons
• Independent Main and Alternate stereo monitor outputs
• SSL Stereo Mix Bus with External summing and inserts
• 2 x Stereo Returns with level, Pan and Bus assignment
• iJack front panel input for portable playback devices
• High quality internal PSU
• D-Sub Channel I/O connection for studio integration
• 19″ Rack mount ears included