Large diaphragm condenser valve microphone designed to provide the highest possible sound reproduction quality for recording vocals in recording studio and Broadcast.
The Sony C-800g PAC is a large diaphragm condenser valve microphone designed to provide the highest possible sound reproduction quality and is ideal for vocal recording in studio or post-production.
The Sony C-800g PAC uses a high quality dual large diaphragm tuned to perfectly reproduce vocal qualities nicely complemented by the richness and warmth of a 6AU6 vacuum tube. Unlike any other tube microphones, the Sony C-800g uses a unique Peltier-based cooling system to ensure optimum temperature for operation of the valve.
The Sony C-800g offers a choice of two polar patterns, either cardioid or omni which can be selected electronically depending on the recording requirements. Throughout its history, the Sony C-800g has become a reference for pop, rock and hip-hop vocals, and a go-to microphone for everything vocal related.
Sony C-800g PAC Overview:
• Designed for the highest possible sound reproduction quality
• Suitable for vocal recording in studios and film post production houses
• High sensitivity of -33dB/Pa
• Low noise and low distortion due to built-in cooling system
• Large diaphragm capsule
• Electronically selectable directivity, either omni- directional or cardioid
• Signal-to-noise ratio: 76 dB (Uni), 73 dB (Omni).
• High sensitivity of -33dB/Pa.
• Frequency response: 20 Hz-18,000 Hz
• Dynamic range: 113 dB
• Directivity: Uni-directional/Omni-directional
• Inherent Noise (0dB=20µPa): (Uni) Less than 18dBSPL (Omni) Less than 21dBSPL
• Max SPL (dB SPL)(0dB=20µP): (Uni) 131dB SPL (71 Pa) (Omni) 134dB SPL (100 Pa)
• Connector MIC output; JR16RK-7P type
• Cable Length: Mic Cable: 26 feet
• Power Requirements: AC120V, 50/60Hz (AC-MC800G)
• Dimensions: 2 1/4 dia. x 7 5/8 x 9 3/8 inches
• Weight: Mic: 1 lb 16 oz