Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt Audio Interface w/ Realtime UAD-2 Duo Core Processing for Mac and Windows.
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Duo is a 2×6 Thunderbolt Audio Interface with real-time UAD-2 Duo Core Processing for Mac and Windows.
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Apollo Twin MkII is not just a simple update but rather a complete redesign offering improved audio conversion translating in increased dynamic range and stunning clarity, depth and accuracy, as well as an improved monitoring section and workflow.
The Apollo Twin MkII also includes Universal Audio’s Unison technology which matches the hardware input to the input of the plug-in emulation providing an unparalleled experience. Furthermore, Unison technology lets you record at near-zero latency through some of the most sought-after preamps from Neve, Manley, API and Universal Audio
Not only does it sound like the real thing, it feels like it too. With Unison technology also available on the DI input, you can also get the same realism while tracking guitars through Universal Audio’s stunning Fender, Marshall and Ampeg amp simulations.
With the built-in UAD-2 DSP technology, you can also record using all the UAD Powered plug-ins at near-zero latency. Record with Neve preamps onto a Studer tape machine even before hitting your DAW, or mix with Lexicon reverbs, Manley EQ and compressors and much more. The Apollo Twin MkII comes loaded with the Realtime Analog Classics bundle which gives you the UA 610-B Tube Preamp, Marshall Plexi Classic, Raw Distortion guitar pedal, Softube Bass Amp Rooms as well as RealVerb Pro the Precision Mix Rack Collection and legacy versions of the LA-2A, 1176 and Pultec EQs.
The Apollo Twin MkII is also scalable allowing you to grow your studio into a powerful recording solution when combined with the Apollo 8, 8p or 16 Audio interfaces.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Main Features:
• Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
• Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
• Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
• Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
• Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
• Two premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
• Two digitally controlled analogue monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
• Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
• Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Bass Amp Room, Raw Distortion, Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, the Precision Mix Rack Collection and Realverb Pro
• Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
• Uncompromising analogue design, superior components, and premium build quality