Stereo 2U rack-mounted all-valve compressor hand-built in USA.
The Anthony DeMaria Labs SCL1500 is a 2U rack-mounted hand-built all-valve stereo compressor.
Solidly built, the SCL 1500 from Anthony DeMaria Labs gives outstanding performance with its uncompromising design, based on the early Teletronix LA-2A. The 8-valve circuit gives you the classic valve warmth and excellent dynamic range you’d be looking for in the hard-to-find original.
The SCL1500 layout is simple and easy to operate with gain and peak reduction knobs on each input, two large VU meters and meter selection switches. That’s it. But the years of experience that ADL have gained with their products combine to make the ADL 1500 a superlative performer.
Whether you want to control the dynamics with smoothness and transparency or just impart some of that much-loved valve sound to your recording, the ADL SCL 1500 is the effortless master of the situation.
Anthony DeMaria Labs SCL1500 Overview:
• All tube design (no IC’s or chips)
• Opto attenuators for “invisible” compression
• High quality transformer balanced inputs and outputs
• XLR input and output jacks
• Stereo link switch on front panel
• Stereo adjust pots on front panel
• Wide dynamic range (15Hz – 30K)
• Works with unbalanced systems
• Handbuilt in the USA
• Heavy-duty chassis
• Great for analogue & digital recording as well as live sound
“I used the ADL 1500 in another facility on a tracking and mixing session and decided I had to have one for my own studio, I use mine everyday and it can be used on anything including the mix. If you like big and clear you’ll love this.”
Jon Withnall – Coldplay, Rihanna, Space, The Coral, Michael Head, Half Man Half Biscuit, Louis Berry and many more